Sri Chettur Sankaran Nair, in memory of his wife, laid the foundation for a girl’s school at Ottapalam. He fulfilled his dreams by opening L.S.N School, which was a necessity of Ottapalam. In these days the Malabar District Educational Board was in charge to see the functioning of the Schools in Malabar area. They found it difficult to run all the schools in Malabar Area and they decided to close L.S.N. School in the year 1938. As per the request of friends and well-wishers, and the interest shown by the District Educational Board of Malabar. The management of Apostolic Carmel Sisters took up the School and reopened it with 33 Girls in 1938 June 22. Miss. D. Souza, who was ever on the watch to help the Apostolic Carmel, came with the proposal to open a teacher training institution in Malabar as she was extremely pleased with the work done at St Ann’s in Mangalore. The Year 1942 marks an epoch in the history of L.S.N School, Ottapalam with the opening of a Training school with Malayalam as medium of Instruction. Mother Josephine then the mother general was present for the Inauguration of the Training School.